Manager - Projects and Procurement
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in motorsport.
"Our people at AGPC" are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal - providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Manager - Projects and Procurement to join our highly motivated, talented and driven Operations team.
Reporting to Division Manager - Infrastructure, you will provide support on a range of duties including Project Planning, Procurement, Project controls, Budgeting, Contract Management, Site Coordination and Health and Safety.
The primary focus of the role will be:
- Delivery of the infrastructure projects in accordance with AGPC policies and procedures for the staging of the Formula 1 and MotoGP events.
- Provide technical support on Infrastructure based requirements.
- Procurement functions in accordance with the AGPC procurement policy.
- Detailed financial control and reporting.
- Site, safety and compliance management.
- Project planning and Construction Management
- Asset Maintenance and Capital Works Management
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree in event management, project /construction management, engineering, business or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in major event infrastructure construction or project management of other complex and dynamic projects or operations
- Significant project management experience, including management of infrastructure or building projects.
- Experience of cost control/ budget responsibility.
- Significant experience in preparing business cases, and recommendations for approval within the business.
To view the full position description please click here
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today.
AGPC has a Flexible Work Arrangements Policy and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.