The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in sport.
"Our people at AGPC" are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal - providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly skilled Digital Manager to join our marketing team! We are looking for someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and evolve the digital strategy to engage with our audience segments in new and innovative ways which drive awareness, engagement and content that leads to sales.
Reporting to the GM – Marketing, you will be responsible for developing the digital strategy for the Formula 1 and MotoGP events, managing a digital agency and your team in collaboration with the Brand team and the Consumer Sales team to implement tactics which drive awareness and revenue. This role will play an integral part in commercialising our audience and our digital assets for the Sales and Partnerships teams to drive sponsorship revenue.
To be successful, the Digital Manager will have strengths in Digital strategy, an extensive knowledge of all digital platforms, be a great collaborator and an analytical thinker with strong commercial acumen. But most important of all, the successful candidate will add to the culture of the team and wider business and lead their team to ensure they continue to thrive!
The primary focus of the role will be:
- To think big and differently, using sound strategic judgement, building digital marketing strategy and plans for both F1 and MotoGP brands to generate awareness, engagement and profitable revenue growth
- Manage the development and execution of AGPC's digital strategy
- Lead AGPC's online presence, including its event websites, social media channels, email marketing and in-house video production
- Increase engagement and maximise conversions through a mix of retail/brand messaging and relevant content
- Generate unique year-round content to engage new and existing fans and increase conversions
- Evaluate fan experiences across multiple channels and touchpoints and use marketing tools to continuously improve dynamic and personalised communication
- Create opportunities to commercialise digital assets to further enhance AGPC's brands and increase revenue
- Work closely with Formula One Management, DornaSports and other key stakeholders to deliver world-class events for the Victorian Government
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A positive, can-do attitude and desire to continuously improve culture
- A degree in Marketing, Communication or similar
- 6-8 years’ experience in a digital marketing role
- 5 years management experience, effectively managing staff and projects
- Proven track record of implementing successful digital marketing plans and campaigns.
- Strong organisational skills, including time management and ability to balance multiple projects with attention to detail.
To view the full position description please click here
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today.
AGPC embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.