Manager – Hospitality Services Operations
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in sport.
"Our people at AGPC" are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal - providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Manager – Hospitality Services Operations to join our highly motivated, talented and driven Operations Department.
Reporting to Manager – Hospitality Services, this role is responsible for the successful, delivery of logistics & operations for Hospitality Services for both the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
The primary focus of the role will be:
- Liaising with appointed caterers and the venue design team to confirm ensure that BOH catering areas, public catering outlets and public bars are located on the circuit map.
- Liaising with appointed caterers to effectively coordinate infrastructure and facility orders as well as bump in and out schedules.
- AGPC Staff and Race Official meal requirements and orders.
- Stakeholder management including the caterers and official suppliers.
- Compliance management.
- Consistent demonstration of the Corporation’s IIQCAT values including integrity, innovation, quality, customer, accountability, teamwork.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Exceptional event management and coordination skills.
- Catering or hospitality services experience is desired
- Demonstrated relevant, equivalent professional experience of at least 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in stakeholder management, both internal and external.
- Sound organisational and time management.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and manage constant and/or conflicting deadlines.
To view the full position description please click here
AGPC embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.