The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in sport.
"Our people at AGPC" are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal - providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for an Operations Manager to join our highly motivated and driven Operations Department.
Reporting to Senior Manager – Operations, you will effectively coordinate venue operations associated with the annual staging of the Australian Formula 1® Grand Prix and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
This is a 9-month contract role (Parental leave).
The primary focus of the role will be:
- Development, cost control and reporting of the operations budget.
- Development and coordination of an event planning tool to ensure a state of readiness prior to each event and ensure a safe and secure operations is delivered.
- Control of operational service providers, including liaison, consultation and coordination with members of Local Councils, disability stakeholders, event suppliers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure Customer Experience is delivered across all departments and stakeholders.
- Support and facilitation of the Community Relations strategy and overall delivery of community relations as it relates to Venue Operations for the Formula 1® and MotoGPTM.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience in event management.
- Experience working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering large-scale events in a world-class operational setting.
- Ability to be able to bring something fresh, exciting and innovative to the team.
To view the full position description please click here.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today.
AGPC embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.