Manager – Entertainment Operations
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in sport.
"Our people at AGPC" are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal - providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Manager – Entertainment Operations to join our highly motivated, talented and driven Motorsport, Entertainment & Industry Department.
Reporting to Manager - Industry Integration, you will be responsible for developing and managing an innovative entertainment content program for the Formula 1 and MotoGP events aligning with customer segments. Managing multiple key elements including entertainment, merchandise, planning, procurement, podium ceremonies, family activations, VIP talent coordination, fan forums, operations and delivery.
This is an exciting fast paced position working on two iconic international events with a team of enthusiastic and dedicated major event specialists.
This is a 7 month contract role (ending December).
The primary focus of the role will be:
- Management of all off track entertainment (excluding music) in each event zone aligned with specified zone demographics and include design, production, pre-event planning, safety compliance, scheduling, on-site management and operations.
- Assistance with coordination of the GPTV (on circuit superscreen broadcast) provider in relation to compound design, operations, scheduling and production of GPTV.
- Assistance with Host Broadcasters in relation to integration of GPTV elements with international ‘feed’ from Formula One Management and DORNA in relation to Podium ceremonies and on track pre race entertainment.
- Management of the merchandise program including all elements of the agreement between AGPC and various merchandisers, design and sampling, site planning and operations.
- Collaboration internally to provide assistance with activities related to Motorsport and Industry.
- To build strong internal and external relationships to align and support the strategic direction of the Corporation.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree in event management, sport management or business management.
- Extensive Event Management and Event Operations experience
- Project management and scheduling
- Marketing and Communications understanding
- Budget management with the ability to conduct cost analysis for various activities
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar management role
- Experience in merchandise highly desirable
To view the full position description please click here
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today.
AGPC embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.