Event Build Coordinator
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in sport.
"Our people at AGPC" are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal - providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Event Build Coordinator to join our Infrastructure team on a short-term contract basis in preparation for the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2022. This is a contract role which will conclude in November 2022.
Reporting to the Manager – Event Build, the primary focus of the role will be:
- Support the Infrastructure team with the delivery of timely, accurate, quality services for the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2022.
- Relocate to site for up to 8 weeks to facilitate the build at Phillip Island.
- Coordinate the implementation and delivery of Infrastructure contracts and services in readiness for and during construction at Phillip Island.
- Reconcile invoices and provide support to the Infrastructure department budget.
- Facilitate the implementation and roll out of AGPC Facility Management Software.
- Undertake research to assist in the delivery of project investigations and deliverables.
- Undertake research to assist in various procurement activities.
- Provide site management during the recurrent build.
- Assist with processing invoices and accurate budget tracking.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A degree qualified in either event management, project management, engineering or business is desirable.
- Project management and/or event management experience, ideally in the major sporting event industry is required.
To view the full position description please click here.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today. Applications close on Monday, 8th August at 5:00pm.
AGPC embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.
Under the CHO’s direction, AGPC is required to ensure an employees' vaccination status is either fully vaccinated or an excepted person.