The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in sport.
Our people at AGPC are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal - providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for Precinct Supervisors to join our highly motivated, talented and driven Operations Department.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Operations & Customer, you will be an integral part of the Venue Operations team, effectively coordinating the operational functions associated with the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix at Phillip Island and the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park.
The Precinct Supervisor plays a key role in operational and customer experience oversight at event times.
Working closely with all internal and external stakeholders, the Precinct Supervisor will have oversight of key venue precincts in the lead up to and during event time and will be the primary contact person for the Operations department for their designated precinct. They are responsible for the active oversight of the operation and delivery of designated precincts and problem resolution via stakeholder coordination and management as problems arise.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Exposure to working collaboratively, driving change and influencing numerous stakeholders,
- Exposure to venue management, major events, project management desirable
- Adobe and Microsoft Suite knowledge is preferable.
Additionally, we are looking for someone:
- That can work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-changing environment.
- That can demonstrate enthusiasm for the provision of quality customer experiences.
- That can problem solve, with a best for business and best for customer mindset and approach.
- That can demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
- That has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- That demonstrates passion for delivering world class events.
To view the full position description please click here
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today.
AGPC embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.